Click Image to View Site
Having been to this hospital, worked a brief locums gig, and met the staff, I can tell you that this is a fantastic opportunity! The people are great, and hospital is amazingly friendly. The staff in particular impressed me and is a mix of experienced as well as as younger perfusionists who all have the same things in common… talent, dedication, and teamwork!
Des Moines is an awesome place to live, go to school, and raise a family. There are few opportunities you will find, that match this one. Yes I’m biased, but I have seen many many programs- and this is truly a great one!
A full time position for a perfusionist has come available at Mercy Medical Center, Des Moine, Iowa.
Experienced Perfusionists and New Grads are encouraged to apply.
This is an adult and pediatric practice, and a fantastic place to work.
Des Moines, Iowa
The City of Des Moines is a cultural center for Iowa and home to several art and history museums and performing arts groups. The Des Moines Performing Arts routinely hosts Broadway shows and other live professional theater. Its president and CEO, Jeff Chelsvig, is a member of the League of American Theatres and Producers, Inc. The Temple for Performing Arts and Des Moines Playhouse are other venues for live theatre, comedy, and performance arts.
The Des Moines Metro Opera has been a respected cultural resource in Des Moines since 1973. The Opera offers award-winning educational and outreach programs and is one of the largest performing arts organizations in the state. Ballet Des Moines was established in 2002. Currently performing three productions each year, the Ballet also provides opportunities for education and outreach.
The Des Moines Symphony performs frequently at different venues. In addition to performing seven pairs of classical concerts each season, the Symphony also entertains with New Year’s Eve Pops and its annual Yankee Doodle Pops concerts.
About the Position
- Provide circulatory support for failing heart and lungs.
- Provide extracorporeal perfusion for preservation of organs for subsequent transplantation.
- Provide constant monitoring of life-sustaining parameters in order to maintain and regulate physiological changes during Cardiovascular Surgery, TAVR, High Risk Lead Extractions/Lariat Procedures and other cutting edge therapies.
- Adult & Pediatric ECMO
- Perform perfusion support for HIPEC.
- POC Testing
- Willing to work in a progressive cardiac program with an extraordinary team of perfusionists and physicians with the common goal of bringing the best quality of care to our patients and families.
- Graduation from an accredited perfusion program and CPR / BLS Required.
- Pediatric case-load a plus but not required.
Kevin Devnich, BS, CCP
Perfusion Manager/ECMO Coordinator Cardiovascular Surgery
Mercy Medical Center
1111 6th Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50314-2611
P 515-247-3191 C 515-822-2434
Click to view